Hello from Cairo. I wrote two posts on the train ride here, but have been unable to connect since arriving yesterday. Lord knows I have tried, but every place that claims to offer wireless internet has a problem.
Things are going well, though. We went to the pyramids of Giza today. I rode a camel up to and around the entire area. It was every bit as cool as it seems. As soon as I can get my computer back online, I will upload pictures of the day. That should be soon, as I am going to Israel tomorrow. Cairo is a fithy disgusting nightmare, by the way...
Sorry I have been off of here for a while, but I hope to post part of my conversation with Bader tomorrow (if my computer can get on the internet).
3 comments:
Amazing opportunity! I've been heavily studying Egyptian art and architecture in an Art History course of mine and, of course, find it fascinating. I was thrilled just to see the mastaba recreation in the Field museum.. Hope you took plenty of pictures!
Dear Namear,
I can't wait to see your picture on the camel....I always knew you were a camel jockey. Love ya bunches!
mom
Lost was good. :)
Post a Comment