Sorry to load you down with the previous two posts. I would have put them up sooner, internet willing...but it wasn't. Anyway we spent yesterday in the Old Islamic District of Cairo. It was a very interesting picture of local vendors and shops everywhere. It is amazing to consider the sheer number of people who are alive right now; in that market, working a job, homeless in the streets...amazing. I posted pictures of the markets.
Before that, I spent a day on a camel at the pyramids of Giza. I have even included a picture of myself (for Doc's sake) to prove that it was really me. There were three of us who went, and I told the guide that my name was Abraham, the Hungarian's name was Sara and the other American's name was Ishmael. I found it quite amusing.
After all of that, though, I wound up on a plane to Israel last night. I am leaving for Nazareth in about 15 minutes. It should be a very exciting stay here, and I will, no doubt, have much to write about as I experience the land Jesus came to die in.
Stay tuned for my story on how it took me two hours to get through Israeli security on the way here...
3 comments:
I was so happy to hear your sweet voice! And am especially happy that you are now with the Dushys - I know they will take good care of you. Give them my thanks. They are welcome to send their son or daughter back with you (as exchange students) - of course they are all welcome anytime. I love your writings and the pictures - it's like being there with you. Love you! Tell Shira and the Fam "hi". We're off to Florida in the morning.
mom
Oh, were you screaming "It's a machine!" while riding the camel????
Love ya!
mom
Thanks for the picture. It replaced you on the donkey as my backdrop.
Post a Comment